CTF by DC562
DC562 and ShellCon are proud to present the inagural ShellCon CTF. Taking place concurrent with ShellCon on October 19th, 2017, the ShellCon CTF will be a Jeopardy-style event with InfoSec-related challenges from a variety of disciplines, from web hacking to reversing to cryptography. There may potentially even be physical challenges, situations permitting.
- When? : October 19th, 2017
- No, what time you moron : 1000 PDT to 1800 PDT
- Expertise required : There will be challenges for a variety of skill levels across multiple disciplines. Absolute beginners may struggle however, and organizers will not be allowed to provide substantive assistance. Accordingly if you are a beginner you should consider training with some challenge sites such as OverTheWire
- Can I participate remotely? : No, you cannot. The venue does not have any internet access, which would make remote participation challenging
- How will I connect: Over local WiFi. make sure your system has that ability
Wait, no internet? How will I solve challenges?
With your WITS. That and a vanilla install of Kali Linux.
AN INSTALL WITH FUNCTIONING WIFI
We will also provide clones of certain pertinent online documentation, so we don’t intend on depriving you of absolutely every resource. However the lack of connectivity will definitely present its own unique complexities.
It is our intent that every challenge be solvable with the tools most commonly in your toolbelt, and a little bit of know-how. Accordingly there will be no challenges requiring special tools (though some may require you to write custom tools)…
We do recommend bringing a set of lockpicks if you have them. We don’t guarantee that they’ll be useful, but they might be.
Train up, we’ll see you on the 19th.
~ Rtzq0, Kyeho, and the DC562 Crew.